Mourinho: I've understood that losing is just part of life

José Mourinho gave an interview to 'Jornal de Notícias' during which he analysed the current state of football. "Core values have been lost; education and professionalism are getting worse." The Portuguese coach is proud to fight back against lies. "It is worth fighting hypocrisy on principle in life, because it makes you feel good about yourself." He admitted that he's started finding it easier to lose. "Twenty trophies in many countries is a lot, but I realised that at one point I found myself wanting to win more often and I understood that losing is part of my professional life, so losing is much less of a drama now. It was always an opportunity to improve, all the more so now". The manager also discussed his team-building philosophy. "I think that success depends on a group's objectives. It's getting harder and harder to get a group to work as a team. Core values have been lost; players' education and training is getting worse and becoming more influenced by the increasing lack of moral principles." He also sought to call a truce with the Spanish press. "Since my professional debut I've always been one to close and open different chapters without commenting on any of their negative aspects. I'm going to try to do that again and not speak about the Spanish press." Mou is very sure where he wants to live once he retires from the game. "Setúbal, my home, my memories. It all started in Setúbal. I'm 50 years old. I just want to be happy. Nothing else."